[act-ma] Amnesty International meeting Tuesday, 3/10: Special focus on Tibet on the 50th anniversary of the Tibetan National Uprising

kelly turley kelly at amnesty133.org
Sun Mar 8 13:02:59 PDT 2009

*Tibet 50 Years Later: Presentation and Discussion about Human Rights in
Tibet on the Anniversary of the Tibetan National Uprising*
**

Please join us for the March meeting of Amnesty International Local Group
133, featuring a screening of the 2008 Tibetan documentary, *Leaving Fear
Behind*.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

7 p.m. - 9 p.m.

Amnesty International Northeast Regional Office

58 Day Street, Suite 409

Somerville, MA 02144

(Two blocks away from the Davis Square stop on the Red Line)

As part of our March meeting, Group 133 Co-Coordinator Rick Roth will help
us understand the current state of human rights in Tibet. We will watch
excerpts of *Leaving Fear Behind*, the documentary at the center of
filmmaker Dhondup Wangchen's arrest. Wangchen has been held by Chinese
authorities since last March. His case will be highlighted at Group 133’s
upcoming Get on the Bus for Human Rights <http://www.gotb.org/> event, where
we will call on China to unconditionally release Dhondup Wangchen. (For more
information about the film, please go to www.leavingfearbehind.com.)

Our meeting will be at the Amnesty International Northeast Regional Office
in Davis Square. The first half-hour of the meeting will be dedicated to
letter writing on urgent human rights issues.

We hope to see you there!

Peace,

Kelly Turley

kelly at amnesty133.org