[act-ma] Sat. 4/11: Alliance for Democracy conference: Maintaining Democracy

Barbara Clancy bclancy122 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 6 17:53:59 PDT 2009

"Maintaining Democracy: Undermining the Corporate Agenda from the
Bottom Up" is a meeting of members of the Alliance for Democracy (www.thealliancefordemocracy.org
) and allied groups. We will be learning about local resistance to
corporate rule, and how to support efforts to build resistance to the
forces seeking to block our exercise of democracy.

Saturday, April 11, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Walker Center, 144 Hancock Street at Grove Street, Newton, Mass.
(Exit 22 off 1-95, .5 miles from Riverside Green Line)

Lunch and dinner will be served, for $12 and $14, with vegetarian
options

Speakers include Jill Stein, Mass Coalition for Healthy Communities;
Katie Robbins, Healthcare-Now!; local radio hosts Stan Robinson and
John Grebe; Nancy Lee Wood, Bristol Community College; Garrett
Whitney, the 350 Campaign and Transition Towns; Mary Rossborough,
Salem State College Lifelong Learning Institute; Pat McSweeney,
Citizens for an Informed Community; Sheryl Crawford, Mass Vote; and
Dave Lewit, Toni Serafini, and Barbara Clancy from the Alliance for
Democracy

Additional media initiatives include talks on Community Showings/
Actions and the "Other Voices" cable video project. Music by Raging
Grannies.

To register, or for more information, please email afd at thealliancefordemocracy.org
, or call 781-894-1179.

Sponsored by Alliance for Democracy, and local Boston/Cambridge and
North Bridge chapters.

Submitted by Barbara Clancy