[act-ma] Is the Boston Globe in Trouble Because It’s Left-Wing? ... and More at Open Media Boston (week of 4/10/09)

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Fri Apr 10 20:39:55 PDT 2009

[please forward widely]

Hi folks! Check out this week's top stories from Open Media Boston:

News: City Fiscal Crisis: Councilor and Mayoral Candidate Sam Yoon
Presents Proposed Fixes at Community Hearing
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/628

Editorial: Is the Boston Globe in Trouble Because It’s Left-Wing?
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/637

Opinion: Why Has the Press Failed Us In Reporting on Health Care Reform?
An Open Letter to Bill Keller, Executive Editor, New York Times
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/636

Opinion: White Supremacists to Hold Event Around Boston this Weekend
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/633

Opinion: Open Letter to Obama
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/631

Opinion: Author David Korten Asks: What Is The Meaning Of Wealth?
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/629

Opinion: The Amoks of Lovelle Mixon, Michael McLendon, Tim Krestchmer,
Robert Stewart, Kerby Trevelus, Devan Kalathat, and Jiverly Voong
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/627

Opinion: Protests at Rite Aid Drugstores Focus on Employer Abuse and the
Need for Congress to Pass the Employee Free Choice Act
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/625

News on the Sunshine Bus Drivers fight and a Tech piece coming this
weekend ...

Also, check out the (NEW AND IMPROVED) OMB Blog where you can check out
and comment on the musings of OMB Editors and friends at
http://blog.openmediaboston.org in a more casual setting.

If you'd like to join OMB on MySpace
(http://www.myspace.com/openmediaboston) and Facebook (organizational
page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Media-Boston/16603698226 and
group http://www.facebook.com/inbox/#/group.php?gid=16418766006).

If you'd like to post an event listing in the Upcoming Events section in
the left-hand menu column of OMB, find out how at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide#event. Now easier to use. For
registered users only.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss)

If you'd like to follow our latest stories via the micro-blogging
service Twitter, click the following link:
http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

(If you don't know what micro-blogging is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-blogging)

Enjoy,

Jason Pramas
Editor/Publisher
Open Media Boston
www.openmediaboston.org

p.s. - Open Media Boston is a social media news site. As such, we are
only as good as the contributions we get from you, the viewers, from
week to week. We'd like to encourage you all to always feel free to
submit content in any media form anytime. And be sure to comment on
content that's already posted to the site. If you've never posted
content or a comment to OMB before, check out our handy User's Guide at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide.