[act-ma] Part-Two of Workshop on the Economy: Tuesday, April 28th

john fitzgerald fohnnyjitz at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 20:32:04 PDT 2009

The first session of the three-part workshop entitles,
"The Economic Crisis, The Global Economy, & the Economy We Want"
was attended by about 30 enthusiastic participants. United for a Fair Economy's
Mike Prokosch gave a history of the US economy over the last fifty
years and explained how it has increasingly become characterized by financial
speculation. In Part Two he, along Tim Costello (Global Labor Strategies) and
Adrian Boutoureira (United for a Fair Economy) run through the story developed
in the first workshop, looking at the relationship between the so-called US
economy and the global economy -- investment, immigration, Latin America,
China, global unionism -- and "third world" initiatives for a new
economy. Even if you were unable to make the first workshop, you would be
welcome to come along for one or both of the remaining workshops.

Session 1--Tuesday April 21:  How did they get us into this mess?  Session 2--Tuesday April 28:  International Dimensions of the Crisis Session 3--Tuesday May 5:  Where’s our leverage?  What’s our strategy? All sessions 7:00-9:00 PM--Pizza served at 6:30; pre-register to insure
space and pizza!  Suggested Workshop fee--$5.00 (no one turned away!) Encuentro 5  33 Harrison Ave 5th Floor Chinatown(Red Line--Downtown Crossing; Orange Line—Chinatown) This lively three-evening workshop will look at the ways wealth has been stripped from
workers, the public sector, and productive corporations over the last 40 years; how
that wealth created the Wall Street bubble; the global dimensions of the US economy
and crisis; and how we can transform it.  This Will Not Be A Lecture. We will form human bar graphs, stack chairs in outrageous
piles, sing Wobbly songs, and generally have a riotous time as we rigorously examine
our sick economy and how to make it safe for working people.  Reserve your spot now!  Call or Email Boston Radical Education Project
repboston at gmail.com;  617-491-2876