[act-ma] Today! Protest racism and intimidation at the Harvard-MIT Data Ctr., 12:30 p.m. Holyoke Center

Geoff Carens geoff.carens at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:11:38 PDT 2009

Dear All,
For years, Ravi Raj has complained of racial discrimination at the
Harvard-MIT Data Center. Ravi has faced racial slurs, being passed over for
promotions, and unfair discipline. A few hours before a meeting with
management to make a formal report of discrimination, Ravi was confronted at
work, called by name and threatened by a stranger who told him he'd "chosen
the wrong path." Was this just a coincidence, or is someone trying to
silence Ravi?

Please join us as we demonstrate against racism and intimidation, 12:30
p.m., Holyoke Center in Harvard Square, right next to Au Bon Pain, 1350
Mass. Ave.

Please feel free to email protests to Harvard's Director of Labor Relations,
Bill Murphy at bill_murphy at harvard.edu. Pls. cc me:
geoff.carens at gmail.com. Suggested
text: "I demand that all discrimination and intimidation against Ravi Raj
immediately cease. Ravi should not be subject to unfair discipline, and
deserves a supportive work environment!"

Please feel free to forward this message *as widely as possible!

In Solidarity,

Geoff Carens, Union Rep, HUCTW/AFSCME local 3650