[act-ma] FW: [UJPI-P] 5/21 UJP forum - BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT, SANCTIONS_Nancy Murray

Ann Glick aglick at hotmail.com
Sun May 17 07:12:03 PDT 2009

Please circulate flyer widely - see attached.
Text announcement is below and attached.
Marilyn

United for Justice with
Peace invites you to a
forum on:

BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT AND
SANCTIONS
to end the Israeli
Occupation of Palestine

Speaker:  Nancy Murray
Respondent:  Martin
Federman

THURSDAY, MAY 21, 7
PM

Friends Meeting House, 5
Longfellow Park, Cambridge

In 2005, over 100
Palestinian civil society groups called for “international civil society organizations
and people of conscience all over the world to impose broad boycotts and
implement divestment initiatives against Israel similar to those applied to
South
Africa in the apartheid
era”

call, many groups around the country are engaged in boycotts, divestment, and
sanctions (BDS) efforts, which are having an impact.

Come to a forum to learn
more about BDS and the “Hang Up on Motorola” campaign and to discuss whether
this campaign might be an effective tool to help bring peace to the Middle East.

Nancy Murray -- Founder and president of the Gaza
Mental Health Foundation, Inc. is on the advisory board of US Campaign to End
the Israeli Occupation, and a member of various activist groups, including
Boston Coalition
for Palestinian Rights. She has campaigned and written on civil liberties, civil
rights, and human rights issues.
Martin
Federman –
Member
of American Jews for a Just Peace and United for Justice with
Peace.

617-491-4857 for more
information
       www.justicewithpeace.org

    __._,_.___

            Messages in this topic           (1)

            Reply           (via web post)

          Start a new topic

                Messages

          This listserve is intended for members of the I-P Task Force.  Feel free to send articles, action alerts, or event announcements to others.  Events  and articles do not necessarily reflect  positions of UJPI-P Task Force.  Email discussion or organizational business is not to be circulated outside the Task Force or the leadership bodies of member organizations.

      MARKETPLACE

            I Got Fired But now make $350/day online!.

                        I'm happy I lost my Job. Now I make $12,000/mo online! See how I do it: WealthResource.org.

                        Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families, for the world and for each other

        Visit Your Group

        Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use       |

        Unsubscribe

	      		Recent Activity