[act-ma] Fwd: [NYCLAW] Investigate the Injustice: Online petition for Troy Davis

acongo at aol.com acongo at aol.com
Tue May 19 10:11:14 PDT 2009

 -----Original Message-----?

From: UnknownSender at UnknownDomain?

To: LaborAgainstWar <laboragainstwar at yahoogroups.com>?

Sent: Tue, 12 May 2009 4:52 pm?

Subject: [NYCLAW] Investigate the Injustice: Online petition for Troy
Davis?
?

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/17/investigate-the-injustice?
?

INVESTIGATE THE INJUSTICE?
?

Troy Anthony Davis, who is on Georgia's death row, could soon face a
fourth execution date. Yet no jury has ever heard the compelling new
evidence that can prove his innocence. We call upon you, our elected
officials, to investigate this case.?
?

Troy Davis has been on death row in Georgia for the past 17 years,
convicted of killing a white police officer, Mark Allen MacPhail in
1989. But no physical evidence linked him to the crime and no murder
weapon was ever found. Troy was convicted on the basis of nine
witnesses who testified against him at his trial. But now seven of
these nine have come forward in sworn affidavits to recant their
statements. Many say they felt pressured and coerced by the police to
name Troy.?
?

Shamefully our court system has never allowed Troy to present this new
evidence to a jury. Troy Davis has faced down three past execution
dates, once coming within two hours of his execution. Any day now the
state of Georgia could be issuing another execution date. We cannot
stand by and see justice trampled.?
?

A man's life hangs in the balance. Civil rights?

 hang in the balance.
Justice hangs in the balance.?
?

President Obama, Attorney General Eric Holder, District Attorney of
Chatham County Larry Chisolm: You have the power to right this
injustice. We, the signers below, urge you to do so.?
?

__._,_.___?
?

Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic?
?

Messages | Database | Members?
?

WEBSITE: http://nyclaw01.wordpress.com/?

????

?

CONTACT: nyclaw01 at gmail.com?
?

Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)?

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch
format to Traditional?

Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe?
?

?

?

Recent Activity?