[act-ma] Kip Tiernan Fasts Against Poverty ... and More at Open Media Boston (week of 6/5/09)

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Fri Jun 5 21:50:51 PDT 2009

Hi folks! Check out this week's top stories from Open Media Boston (apologies for releasing this after midnight, but your faithful OMB Editor/Publisher is still on vacation ... as you'll soon see if you read my editorial):

News: Boston Labor Protests New Harvard University Layoffs as Students Walk
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/723

News: In the Midst of Market Crashes and Financial Meltdowns, Activist Works To Keep Old Problem of Poverty in Public’s Mind
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/721

Editorial: Without Progressive Media Rural Areas Will Not Move Left
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/724

More coming in our Arts section this weekend ...

Latest OMB Blog Entries

Steve Jobs Reportedly Felting Better
http://blog.openmediaboston.org/2009/06/steve-jobs-reportedly-felting-better_05.html

Stepping Up and Out
http://blog.openmediaboston.org/2009/06/stepping-up-and-out.html

If you'd like to join OMB on MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/openmediaboston) and Facebook (organizational page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Media-Boston/16603698226 and group http://www.facebook.com/inbox/#/group.php?gid=16418766006).

If you'd like to post an event listing in the Upcoming Events section in the left-hand menu column of OMB, find out how at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide#event. Now easier to use. For registered users only.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss)

If you'd like to follow our latest stories via the micro-blogging service Twitter, click the following link:
http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

(If you don't know what micro-blogging is, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-blogging)

Enjoy,

Jason Pramas
Editor/Publisher
Open Media Boston
http://www.openmediaboston.org

p.s. - Open Media Boston is a social media news site. As such, we are only as good as the contributions we get from you, the viewers, from week to week. We'd like to encourage you all to always feel free to submit content in any media form anytime. And be sure to comment on content that's already posted to the site. If you've never posted content or a comment to OMB before, check out our handy User's Guide at http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide.