[act-ma] 6/30- Events on Health Care (6/30), US Labor (7/6), and Trade Unions in the Caribbean (7/7) at encuentro 5

Suren Moodliar suren at fairjobs.org
Thu Jun 25 05:03:15 PDT 2009

Three upcoming events at encuentro 5 speak to serious challenges
before the American people:

(1) On Tuesday, June 30, 2009, at 6:00 p.m. our friends in the Boston
Radical Education Project are organizing, "US Health Care – Moving the
Debate Left" (details: http://encuentro5.org/home/node/97)

(2) On Monday, July 6, 2009, at 7:00 p.m. Chelsea Uniting Against the
War is hosting 2 trade union leaders from Haiti and Guadalupe in the
Caribbean. They will draw on the successful general strikes against
austerity in Guadalupe (details: http://encuentro5.org/home/node/101)

(3) On Tuesday, July 7, 2009, at 7:00 p.m. Steve Early joins Elaine
Bernard and Rand Wilson to address themes from his book, Embedded with
Organized Labor. This event is organized the Global Economic
Alternatives Network (details: http://encuentro5.org/home/node/102)

Early next week, we will send out additional details about these events.