[act-ma] 8/1 Viva Palestina Report Back/New England United Regional Meeting (Sat.)

Marilyn Levin MarilynL at alumni.neu.edu
Tue Jul 28 11:08:44 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: DAVID KEIL
To: New England United list
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:06 PM
Subject: [newenglandunited] Viva Palestina Report Back/NEU Regional Meeting

Viva Palestina Reportback - New England United regional meeting

Where: Encuentro 5, 33 Harrison Ave, Chinatown, 5th Floor, Boston

When:  Saturday, August 1,   1 p.m.

Program: Jeff Klein of Dorchester People for Peace will report back on the Viva Palestina humanitarian aid convoy which reached Gaza on July 15.   (Read Jeff's reports from Gaza)

The New England United business meeting will follow at 1:45 p.m   Please join us.

Just today, the PM of Iraq admitted that US troops may be asked to stay beyond 2011.  The expansion of the war into Pakistan has displaced millions of civilians and deepened the possibility of civil war.  The troop surge in Afghanistan is creating only more opposition to the US presence.
We will come together to discuss  fall antiwar action proposals and need your input!

Proposed Agenda

1:45 pm Break and NEU Birthday Cake
2:00 NEU Business Meeting
1. Intros (5 min.)--We expect attendance from at least 4 states in New England
2. National Assembly report back -- Marilyn (20 min.)--A national antiwar conference achieved unity on dates for fall actions.
3. Oct. 17/18 -- Cole (60 min.)--A Boston UJP Initiated demonstration will be  proposed as a region wide action.
4. G-20 -- Ashley (20 min.)--An antiwar presence is planned for Pittsburgh when the world’s media will be on hand for the international G20 meeting.
5. Regional conference -- David (20 min.)--There is a thirst for education on Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, and so on.  Can we provide some?
6. Next meeting (5 min)

4:10 Working Group meetings