[act-ma] Bus Service for Blue Hill Ave. Scrutinized, Big CORI Action, and More in Open Media Boston (week of 7/31/09)

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Sat Aug 1 02:35:55 PDT 2009

[please forward widely]

Hi folks! Check out this week's top stories from Open Media Boston:

News: Demonstrators Rally for Iran on Steps of Boston Public Library
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/822

News: Supporters of CORI Reform Testify to Joint Committee on Judiciary, March & Rally in Front of MA Statehouse
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/816

News: Short On Answers, Long On Empathy: Gov. Patrick Oversees Town Hall Meeting; New Bus Service for Blue Hill Avenue Scrutinized
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/815

Editorial: Gov. Patrick's "Readiness Schools" Plan Better Than His Charter School Plan, But Still Problematic
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/823

Opinion: A Green Justice Breakthrough in Massachusetts
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/824

Opinion: Speaking Truth To Liberals: Medicare is NOT Single-Payer!
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/817

Arts: Film Review: "Herb and Dorothy"
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/825

Featured Photo: Free Iran
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/826

More coming this weekend in our Tech section!

Also, check out the OMB Blog where you can check out and comment on the musings of OMB Editors and friends at http://blog.openmediaboston.org in a more casual setting.

If you'd like to join OMB on MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/openmediaboston) and Facebook (organizational page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Media-Boston/16603698226 and group http://www.facebook.com/inbox/#/group.php?gid=16418766006).

If you'd like to post an event listing in the Upcoming Events section in the left-hand menu column of OMB, find out how at http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide#event. Now easier to use. For registered users only.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss)

If you'd like to follow our latest stories via the micro-blogging service Twitter, click the following link:
http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

(If you don't know what micro-blogging is, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-blogging)

Enjoy,

Jason Pramas
Editor/Publisher
Open Media Boston
www.openmediaboston.org

p.s. - Open Media Boston is a social media news site. As such, we are only as good as the contributions we get from you, the viewers, from week to week. We'd like to encourage you all to always feel free to submit content in any media form anytime. And be sure to comment on content that's already posted to the site. If you've never posted content or a comment to OMB before, check out our handy User's Guide at http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide.