[act-ma] Tue. 8/11 - Park St., Informational Picket in Solidarity with the Honduran Resistance

Sergio Reyes sreyes1 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 8 15:41:00 PDT 2009

TUE. 8/11 - 4:30pm - 6pm

PARK ST., INFORMATIONAL PICKET IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE HONDURAN RESISTANCE
International Day of Action

Called by the Committee in Solidarity with the Honduran Resistance, Proyecto Hondureno, CISPES-Boston, Boston May Day Committee

(Please send a note to info at hondurasresists.org to endorse and to participate)

www.hondurasresists.org

August 11, 2009:

Global Action Day for Honduras
by Via Campesina

To the sisters and brothers of all the regions of Via Campesina
To the sisters and brothers of all social movements
To all the people of the world

Since the military coup -- after more than 38 days of untiring efforts by thousands of farmers, women, indigenous people, teachers, students, unionists, and ordinary citizens of the cities and the countryside to reverse it and to recover democracy and dignity -- the repression by the coup participants has not notched the fighting spirit of the heroic Honduran people.

This struggle has now entered a crucial phase as the farmers movement and the National Front of Resistance Against the Coup d'Etat have summoned the social, union, and democratic movements to a National March that begins on the 5th of August and will culminate on the 11th of August in Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula.

In support of this National March and our sister and brother farmers and all the Honduran people, Via Campesina calls on you to participate in a "Global Day of Action for Honduras," which will take place on the 11th of August of this year.  We seek to mount strong solidarity efforts carrying out political and cultural mobilization, concrete actions, and political pressure and lobbying, as well as any and all possible activities that help advance the Honduran popular resistance in defeating this military coup.

We ask you to inform us about your plans of action and work for the "Day of Global Action for Honduras" as soon as possible.

GLOBALIZE THE HOPE!  GLOBALIZE THE STRUGGLE!

Write to Via Campesina Honduras:
Wendy Cruz: wendycruzsanchez at yahoo.ca
Mabel Marquez: mabelmarquez07 at gmail.com

Henry Saragih
International Coordinator of Via Campesina