[act-ma] More racist attacks on Ravi Raj; pls. join us this Thursday, 11:50 a.m. for emergency action!!

Geoff Carens geoff.carens at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:54:14 PDT 2009

*Dear All,

Immediately after an editorial appeared in the Harvard Crimson (
http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=529193) complaining about racial
discrimination against HUCTW member Ravi Raj, Harvard managers just have
announced their intention to discipline Ravi *again*.

Ravi has already been threatened in writing with termination after
complaining about racial discrimination at work. He has endured having his
Indian accent ridiculed, disgusting racial slurs, anonymous threats for
speaking out about racism, and disparate treatment compared to Caucasian
employees. Ever since he began to complain about racial discrimination,
management at Harvard has embarked on a vindictive campaign to drive this
highly-productive IT worker out of his job. Ravi has filed a lawsuit against
Harvard at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD), but
management's attacks continue.

Please join us as we walk Ravi to a disciplinary meeting, showing Harvard
managers that Ravi has supporters, and we will not sit idly by as they try
to hound a whistle-blower out of his job! The action will only take about
half an hour, and will take place this Thursday, October 1, at 11:50 a.m.,
at Ravi's workplace, 1737 Cambridge Street in Cambridge.

Map:
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=42.375031&lon=-71.116238&zoom=17&q1=1737%20Cambridge%20St
.,%20Cambridge%20MA&gid1=10190619

Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=731580069&ref=profile#/event.php?eid=141609782030&ref=mf

In Solidarity,

Geoff Carens, Union Rep, HUCTW/AFSCME local 3650
(617) 803-4221

*