[act-ma] TOMORROW - Anti-war Speak-Out in Dudley - Oct. 7 at 5:30 PM

Chris Gonsalves chrislgonsalves at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 10:01:01 PDT 2009

***please forward widely***

*On the 8th anniversary of the war on Afghanistan*
*Join a Community Speak Out!*

*From Afghanistan to Mattapan:
Money for Jobs, Housing, Health care and Education,
Not for War, Gentrification, Racism, and Occupation!**
**
**Wednesday, October 7th - **5:30 to 7:00 PM*
*Dudley Station - 2343 Washington St., Roxbury

*
Oct. 7th, 2009, marks the start of the ninth year of the occupation of
Afghanistan. After eight long years, the United States and its NATO allies
are vastly expanding the war, while casualties on both sides are soaring.
The war is a disaster for the people of Afghanistan and neighboring
Pakistan, just like the continued occupations of Iraq and Palestine. The war
is a growing disaster for people here too – for the soldiers and their
families and for the tens of millions of people suffering from the economic
crisis. *Our communities have become occupied  territory – from the banks
and real estate developers to military recruiters and racist police.*

In Boston, unemployment amongst our youth, and overall in Roxbury,
Dorchester and Mattapan, is well over 20 percent. Thousands across the city
have lost their homes due to foreclosures and evictions. The wars in
Afghanistan and Iraq cost more than $160 billion every year. Over $1 billion
is spent every year on the police and on the prison system in Boston.
Meanwhile, we are told by the politicians - who have given away more than
$10 trillion to the biggest banks - that there’s no money for jobs,
education, childcare, housing or healthcare. But we know the money is there
- it's our tax dollars going into the pockets of the corporate executives
and criminal banksters!

*Join community organizations and residents to speak out against the wars,
both abroad and right here at home, and demand:
Bring the troops home now! People before profit!*

*For more information and to get involved, contact:
*A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition (Act Now to Stop War & End Racism)
www.ANSWERcoaltion.org | Boston at ANSWERcoalition.org | 857.334.5084

*ALSO:
New England Regional Anti-war Rally
Saturday, October 17th