[act-ma] 10/16-18 Final Push for the Weekend of Peace: Grassroots Tech & Relocalize MA Conferences; Action at Copley on Saturday; Reception @ e5

Suren Moodliar suren at fairjobs.org
Thu Oct 15 09:35:08 PDT 2009

Friends,

We need your help today and tomorrow: register your friends and
comrades for www.GrassrootsTech.org & www.RelocalizeMassachusetts.org
conferences. Registrations fees are not an obstacle: both conferences
have sliding scales (the former has a scholarship option that
eliminates the registration fee). This should allow you to involve all
your friends, students, co-workers!

It's no secret that most "regular" young people and even progressive
activists want us (left-leaning folks) to be more "modern" tactically
speaking (i.e. use effective tech tools to reach out) AND to offer
alternatives that envision what we want. These conferences offer us
both!

The timing of the conferences allow us to attend the Eight Years is
Enough! action on Copley Square on Saturday (www.Oct17Boston.org)
during the lunch period.

On Saturday evening at 7:00, we will be hosting a reception for Zoya
from the Revolutionary Association of Women Afghanistan at encuentro 5
(see http://www.encuentro5.org for directions). Attendees from the
GrassrootsTech.org conference are also being invited to it.

Substantive organizing topics at the GrassrootsTech.org conference
include: the US Social Forum (2010), organizing to counter ICE raids,
and counter-recruitment work. There are introductions to new media for
peace activists, immigrant and labor organizers.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Suren

P.S. Find the conference on Facebook, http://bit.ly/gut-c and invite
all your friends to attend.