[act-ma] 10/17: Bread and Puppet Theater -- in town for the anti-war rally tomorrow -- please come and participate

marycurtin at comcast.net marycurtin at comcast.net
Fri Oct 16 11:01:44 PDT 2009

Message from Bread and Puppet:

Hello everyone!

We wanted to let you know that we are returning to Boston this weekend for an anti-war march on Saturday, October 17th. We really need volunteers and would love if any of you could come out to help us. The march is sponsored by United for Justice with Peace and is protesting the Afghanistan war; the occupation of Iraq; US policies toward Palestine, Iran and nuclear weapons; and the impact of the military budget on human needs at home.

Here is the info:

WHEN: Saturday, October 17th

            Bread and Puppet volunteers meet at 1:45pm
            (though the rally starts at 1pm)

WHERE: Copley Square near Trinity Church (Boylston and Dartmouth Sts)

Please wear white (or as close to white as you can get)!

The march itself starts at 2:45pm, will be just over 2 miles and will probably take an hour and a half. It might rain, so dress accordingly. If you have trouble finding us, call Janelle at 646-734-6705.

If you want to know more about the march or the participating organizations, check out UJP's website:  www.justicewithpeace.org
And please forward this to any folks you think would enjoy marching with us! We really do need more volunteers!

Hope to see you this weekend!

Thanks!

The Bread and Puppet crew:
Janelle, Greg, Maryann, Susie, Maura, Danny and Diana

Bread and Puppet Theater
753 Heights Rd
Glover, VT 05839
(802) 525-3031
www.breadandpuppet.org

[...]

--submitted by marycurtinproductions
c/o Mary Curtin
PO Box 290703, Charlestown, MA 02129
617-241-9664, 617-470-5867 (cell), marycurtin at comcast.net
"dedicated to staging insightful entertainment, particularly in non-traditional venues"
www.marycurtinproductions.com