[act-ma] Volunteer with Bread & Puppet at October 17th Parade

Susie Husted susie_husted at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 11:14:26 PDT 2009

Volunteer with Bread & Puppet at October 17th Parade

Bread & Puppet is returning to Boston this weekend for an anti-war march on Saturday, October 17th!  We really need volunteers and would love if any of you could come out to help us. The march is sponsored by United for Justice with Peace and is protesting the Afghanistan war; the occupation of Iraq; US policies toward Palestine, Iran and nuclear weapons; and the impact of the military budget on human needs at home.

Here is the info:

WHEN: Saturday, October 17th
            Bread and Puppet volunteers meet at 1:45pm
            (though the rally starts at 1pm)

WHERE: Copley Square near Trinity Church (Boylston and Dartmouth Sts)

Please wear white (or as close to white as you can get)!

The march itself starts at 2:45pm, will be just over 2 miles and will probably take an hour and a half. It might rain, so dress accordingly. If you have trouble finding us, call Janelle at 646-734-6705.

And please forward this to any folks you think would enjoy marching with us! We really do need more volunteers!

Hope to see you this weekend!

Thanks!

The Bread and Puppet crew:
Janelle, Greg, Maryann, Susie, Maura, Danny and Diana
www.breadandpuppet.org