[act-ma] Rally to Save Our Homes Saturday October 24

Kay Mathew kaymathew at juno.com
Wed Oct 21 10:22:30 PDT 2009

When?
Saturday, October 24, 2009 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM

What?
Rally to Save Our Homes

Who?
The Mass Alliance of HUD Tenants, friends and supporters

Where?
Cleary Square, Hyde Park at the Corner of River Street & Hyde Park Avenue

To do?
Join with your neighbors, MAHT, and other community based groups, invited elected officials and City candidates to speak out for legislation to Save Our Homes!

Why?
Nationally more than 360,000 HUD subsidized apartments have been lost due to owner decisions to convert to market rents.

Why Hyde Park?
In Hyde Park, High Point Village has been converted to "Stonybrook Commons" and...tenants at Georgetowne, Blake Estates and Cummins Towers face displacement as current contracts expire and greedy owners opt to go market rate.

We want to tell elected officials and city candidates to:

Pass the Boston Home Rule Petition to Save Affordable Housing at the State House and thereby Protect low income tenants in expiring use buildings!

Demand Congress adopt a National Right of Purchase to Save Our Homes!

Ratify the Right to Housing Treaty!

FOR INFORMATION CALL MAHT AT 617.267.2949

TRANSPORT TO CLEARY SQUARE:  #32 or #50 Bus from Forest Hills Station

FROM GEORGETOWNE:  #33 Bus to Cleary Square