[act-ma] Sun 11/15: March for Climate!

Loie Hayes loiehayes at verizon.net
Sat Nov 14 09:16:47 PST 2009

Untitled document

The Planet's People Need YOU: March with Bill McKibben this Sunday!

The campaign for 100% Clean Electricity in Massachusetts is building steam.  Two-dozen organizations have already signed on to join the Leadership Campaign, and hundreds of students and community members from across the state are refusing to sleep in their houses, dorms and apartments powered by dirty electricity.

This weekend we need you to join us, to make this the biggest Leadership Campaign weekend yet.  Join 350.org founder, International Climate Day of Action initiator and renowned author Bill Mckibben for a march from Cambridge to Boston Common.

JOIN THE MARCH FOR CLIMATE:

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 15

5:30PM

MIT'S STATA CENTER,  32 Vassar Street, Cambridge, MA

The march will begin at the conclusion of the Massachusetts Climate Action Network's annual conference.  All are invited to join.  Bring banners, noise makers, signs.  And if you would like to take your action to the next level, bring your tent and sleeping bag to join the 4th Sleep Out.  If you are coming from Western Mass, fill out this form to carpool.

But the most important thing we need you to do is TELL YOUR FRIENDS.  Let's spread this movement

Click here to send this important message to a friend.

The time is now for all of us to step up and demonstrate our commitment to leading the world to a stable and just future.  Can future generations count on you?

Sincerely,

Jay O'Hara and the Leadership Campaign Team

      Massachusetts Power Shift
      PO Box 683
      Monument Beach, Massachusetts 02553
      US