[act-ma] 11/26 WZBC-FM Thanks-Taking Day Pow Wow

Jeff Manzelli jeff.manzelli at freemanz.com
Sat Nov 21 02:57:08 PST 2009

WZBC 90.3 FM ANNUAL THANKS-TAKING DAY POW WOW

I will be presenting my umpteenth WZBC Pow-Wow on Thanksgiving (The
National Day of Mourning for Natives) from noon 12 midnight or
beyond. All Native American and/or Native American-influenced music -
rock, folk, country, traditional chants, new age, and even some jazz.
There will be reports from demonstrations at Plymouth, Mass. and
possibly interviews regarding Native American spirituality and
politics.

Please send me any suggestions for music. Even if it seems obvious, I
may have missed it, especially in the modern rock vein.

-Peace,
      -Victor Robert Venckus

Since 1970, Native Americans have gathered at noon on Cole's Hill in
Plymouth to commemorate a National Day of Mourning on the US
thanksgiving holiday. Many Native Americans do not celebrate the
arrival of the Pilgrims and other European settlers. Thanksgiving day
is a reminder of the genocide of millions of Native people, the theft
of Native lands, and the relentless assault on Native culture.
Participants in National Day of Mourning honor Native ancestors and
the struggles of Native peoples to survive today. It is a day of
remembrance and spiritual connection as well as a protest of the
racism and oppression which Native Americans continue to experience.

United American Indians of New England: http://www.uaine.org

See amazing pictures of Legendary Radio Mystic Victor Robert Venckus
and download a printable poster advertising the show:
http://492cafe.org/audio/people/venckus.victor