[act-ma] 12/17: "US vs John Lennon" - Free UPandOUT film screening, Thurs, Dec 17

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Fri Dec 11 13:33:00 PST 2009

"/Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think
we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to
be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about
it/." ~John Lennon**
Showing Thursday, December 17th, in Cambridge:
*
/the US vs John Lennon
/*

"...It was when the Lennons moved to New York in the early '70s and took
a more active role in the anti-war movement, making friends with
radicals like Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, and Black Panther Party
founder Bobby Seale, that the government got interested--and
paranoid--and men like President Richard Nixon, FBI director J. Edgar
Hoover, and right-wing Sen. Strom Thurmond began actively looking for
ways to silence him."

"/Anybody who sings about love, and harmony, and life, is dangerous to
somebody who sings about death/. /Lennon... was a born enemy of the U.S.
He was everything they hated./" ~Gore Vidal.

For music fans, Lennon's solo recordings provide the soundtrack

*When/where*

6:40 pm, doors open for refreshments, extras
*7pm, film starts promptly*
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
http://rule19.org/videos

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
free film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

//// *UPandOUT film series  - see http://rule19.org/videos*
Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, So America, etc  etc - for
billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous prisons ...