[act-ma] Help needed for cultural activist publication

David Morgan dave at groundswellcollective.com
Fri Dec 11 12:56:33 PST 2009

Groundswell works on issues of art and activism, from interventions to
radical marching bands, and with our latest project, we're trying to carve
out a space for reflection for cultural activists.  So, to the presses!

The first edition of our journal focuses on crisis folklore, using
storytelling to analyze the social change work we're doing, both currently
and in thinking about what changes we'd like to see.

We have a great line-up of authors, and now we need to raise some funds to
publish: http://ow.ly/KpG0

We are raising funds from individuals because:

* We're currently an informal group - we exist entirely outside of other
funding structures.

* We've been noncommercial for three years - Groundswell is our labor of
love, funded solely by our members' labor and resources.

* We believe it's possible to function and thrive like this, and with your
help, we will!

So, if you can donate, please help us out by clicking here:
http://ow.ly/KpG0

Please also contact me if you're interested in contributing to forthcoming
editions, editing, or otherwise supporting this venture.

Thanks!
--
David Morgan
Co-Founder