[act-ma] Vigil and March for Gaza::Dec. 31, 4-7pm, Copley Square

Susan intishari at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 11:28:14 PST 2009

Please forward!

*FIRST NIGHT AGAINST THE WARS -- LET GAZA LIVE!*

**We will be standing out in solidarity with those who are marching in
Gaza <http://gazafreedommarch.org/>. We too will raise our voices to
call for an *END TO THE SIEGE OF GAZA.*

*WHERE*: Copley Square-corner of Boylston and Dartmouth Streets
*WHEN*: First Night, December 31, 4 - 7 PM

There will be a VIGIL at 4 PM.
At 6 PM we will be joining the end of the "FIRST NIGHT" PARADE and
marching to Park Street.

WEAR BLACK and a Palestinian scarf if you have one.
/
*If you can, please come between 1 and 4 PM, and help hand out "End the
Siege of Gaza" flyers and stickers at the Anti-War Encampment in Copley
Square.
*/**

One year ago Israel launched a 22-day ferocious military attack against
the 1.5 million residents of the Gaza Strip, the majority of whom are
children.
More than 1,300 Gazans were killed in the attacks.

Since then Gaza has been a closed prison as Israel, with the blessing of
the US, has maintained its nearly 4-year-long blockade. The Palestinians
in Gaza are being forced to live in the wreckage of the war with
essential supplies being smuggled from Egypt through dangerous,
hand-made tunnels.
This year in Gaza an historic Gaza Freedom March will take place on Dec.
31, 2009. Some 1,400 internationals from 42 countries --- including 14
participants from Massachusetts - will marching with the Palestinian
people to call for an *immediate end to the siege*