[act-ma] "MESA sin fronteras" invites you to a gathering Sunday evening

alisa alisa.wind at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 19:56:59 PST 2009

Hello friends,

MESA Sin Fronteras, or Table without Borders, invites you to a warm evening
gathering this Sunday, Dec. 27th, 7pm at encuentro 5.

Our program for Sunday will involve good food, music, and dynamite
documentaries from around the rebellious globe. We will also explore some
20th century US propaganda through cartoons and magazine advertisements of
the time. (I even heard there will be a mini chess tournament, but that may
be just a rumour...) Come join us! Enjoy the evening and support MESA's last
stretch before the opening in January!

MESA is a community club/coffeehouse developing in encuentro 5. This
gathering will be a mini-fundraiser, with dinner plates at a sliding scale
donation of $7 - $12 and drinks at $2-$3.

Last time at MESA's...
    We ate plentifully of Nur's exquisite Turkish cooking, Wagner and Rafael
serenaded the evening with guitar playing and magical songs, Alistair
entranced us with his presentation of Jimi Hendrix's Histrionic Heroics,
exploring Art as a Socio-Political Agent, we watched clips from Woodstock
and the Monterey Festival, as well as the stirring documentary, "Oaxaca
Vive: Between Rebellion and Utopia," while Leonid impressed our socks off
(and his own) by playing chess blindfolded and barefooted defeating
opponents brave and craven alike (I hope that says more about his playing
than it does about mine?!).

Where:  encuentro 5 - 33 Harrison Ave, 5th Fl, Downtown Crossing/Chinatown -
www.encuentro5.org
When: Sunday, Dec. 27th, 7pm to late.
Who: you and your fellow humans (RSVP if possible)
Why: because a strong community is the backbone of a strong social movement

For info on how to support or become part of MESA once it starts up in the
community club/coffeehouse capacity, please contact me.

As they say in New Orleans, "keep on keepin' on!"

Alisa.
c. 617-671-6714