[act-ma] Radical Reference Librarians Collective meeting - 1/16 6-8pm

Susie Husted susie_husted at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 1 17:35:39 PST 2010

Radical Reference Collective Meeting
(during the American Library Association mid-winter conference)
Saturday, January 16, 2010, 6-8pm

Yvonne Pappenheim Library on Racism, 14 Beacon Street, Boston

No American Library Association conference registration required; new volunteers welcome!  Contact Rebecca Martin for more info rebeccaymartin at gmail.com

Radical Reference is a collective of volunteer library workers who
believe in social justice and equality. We support activist
communities, progressive organizations, and independent journalists by
providing professional research support, education and access to
information. We work in a collaborative virtual setting and are
dedicated to information activism to foster a more egalitarian society.

--

This will be a casual getting to know you meeting for new members and

long-time volunteers alike.

Likely topics include an overview of the project, discussion of to do list items, perhaps an

unveiling of the revised website (if that's possible tech/equipment wise,

not to mention if the refactoring is even complete!), how to get involved,

etc.

http://radicalreference.info/ala/midwinter2010

and

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/event.php?eid=232983901766&ref=nf