[act-ma] 2/23: Film/Talk on Dr. Aafia Siddiqui Tues 2/23 @7 PM

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Sun Feb 7 07:35:18 PST 2010

-------- Original Message --------

***please forward widely***

*Film and Talk on Dr. Aafia Siddiqui*

*featuring*

*El-Hajj Mauri' Saalakhan**
*

Tuesday, Feb. 23rd, 2010
7:00 PM
LewisRoom
Cambridge Public Library, Central Square
45 Pearl St, Cambridge
accessible by bus and red line, central sq stop, wheelchair accessible

On March 30th, 2003, Dr. Aafia Siddiqui and her 3 children, ages 7 mo.
to 7 yrs. at the time, were disappeared from Pakistan. Her 2 youngest
children are still missing, and she and her oldest son were handed over
to the U.S. and secretly imprisoned in Afghanistan for 5 years. Since
2003, sister Aafia has been caged in solitary confinement, shot, and
severely abused. She was then falsely accused of attempting to murder US
interrogators in 2008. After being moved to NYC for trial, she was
convicted with no evidence on February 3rd, 2010.

El-Hajj Mauri' Saalakhan will speak about the case of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui
and our primary focus in the struggle  ahead.

Mauri' Saalakhan is a Metropolitan Washington,  DC based human rights
advocate. He presently serves as Director of  Operations for The Peace
And Justice Foundation; a Muslim-led, grassroots human  rights
organization. He is also the  author of several books: The Teacher, a
work of  Islamically-based poetry and commentary on a myriad of social
and political  issues; Why Our Children Are Killing Themselves, an
examination of the  root causes behind the crises facing children, youth
and families in America;  Criminal Justice in America, an examination of
the U.S.  Criminal Justice System and its impact on the African
American  community; Islam & Terrorism: Myth vs.  Reality, and many
others.

Please join us!

**The Cambridge Public Library is not a sponsor of this event.

--

"/I could have freed more of us, if they only knew that they were
slaves./" ~Harriet Tubman

pf soto
rule19.org <http://rule19.org>
UPandOUT.org <http://upandout.org>