[act-ma] The Network/La Red's Spring volunteer Training - Apply Now - Deadline March 1st!

kaitlin nichols organizer at tnlr.org
Thu Feb 18 08:38:50 PST 2010

TNLR_header09

The Network/La Red is starting its Spring volunteer training.  Apply now!

The Network/La Red is expanding its community of volunteers and offers
plenty of ways to get involved.  The Network/La Red is a social justice
focused, survivor-led organization working to end partner abuse in  lesbian,
gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, BDSM and polyamorous communities. The
free volunteer training will cover valuable skills for supporting survivors,
providing community resources, and information about the link between
domestic violence and power in our society. Volunteers at The Network/La Red
do hotline, outreach, lead trainings, facilitate support group, write
training curricula, office work, work on specialized projects and much more.

We offer supportive services such as hotline, one-on-one support, support
group, emergency shelter, as well as education and technical assistance to
organizations and community groups who are interested in better serving and
supporting  these communities.  All of our services are bilingual in English
and Spanish.  What makes us unique is our commitment to doing domestic
violence work through an anti-oppression, social justice lens while
supporting survivors' rights to self determination.

The 12 week training starts at the beginning of March and interviews are
currently being held.  If you are interested in getting involved in the
upcoming training go to www.thenetworklared.org/application.htm and submit a
volunteer application by MARCH 1st or call 617.695.0877 for a paper
application.  Survivors, people of color, and folks bilingual in English and
Spanish encouraged to apply.  For more information contact Sabrina at
<mailto:volunteer at tnlr.org> volunteer at tnlr.org.

Kaitlin Nichols

Director of Organizing and Education

The Network/La Red

Email: organizer at tnlr.org

 <http://www.tnlr.org/> http://www.tnlr.org

Office: 617.695.0877 (voice)

Fax: 617.423.5651

Hotline: voice 617.742.4911 TTY 617.227.4911