[act-ma] 03/17 12:00 - Brown Bag Lunch Vigil: Healthcare Not Warfare

UJP: United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 20:48:52 PDT 2010

  Brown Bag Lunch Vigil: Healthcare Not Warfare

*Boston* • Downstairs from Sen. Kerry's office • One Bowdoin
Square • Wednesday March 17, 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
*Lowell* • Office of Rep. Niki Tsongas • 11 Kearney Square • Wednesday,
March 17, 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
*Worcester* • Public Library, Banx Room • 3 Salem Square • Wednesday, March
17, 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
*Hyannis* • Office of Rep. Bill Delahunt • 146 Main Street • Friday, March
19, 3 p.m.

[image: Healthcare Not
Warfare]<http://pdamerica.org/articles/misc/2009-11-13-12-49-50-misc.php>

*Register to attend! <http://justicewithpeace.org/bblv-register>*

Boston joins a nationwide series of Brown Bag Lunch
Vigils<http://pdamerica.org/articles/misc/2009-11-13-12-49-50-misc.php>on
the theme, "Healthcare Not Warfare",  sponsored by Progressive
Democrats
of America, United for Peace and Justice, and other groups.   We will carry
signs "Stop the Afghanistan War" and "Bring the Troops Home".   We plan to
continue this vigil every month on the third Wednesday.

The folly of the Obama Administration’s war policy in Afghanistan becomes
clearer every day.

After a huge month-long operation secured U.S. control of the Marjah area, the
lies underlying that plan were
revealed<http://www.alternet.org/story/145971/marjah:_the_non-existent_city_the_military_said_we_conquered_in_afghanistan>.
Marjah is a rural area, not a “city of 80,000” people as the mainstream
media repeated endlessly. ;"The campaign's goals are to convince Americans
that a new era has arrived in the eight-year-long war,  the Washington Post
reported,<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/21/AR2010022104201.html>as
well as to gain the confidence of Afghans.
 [image: Brown Bag Lunch Vigil, Boston, February 18, 2010]  [image: Brown
Bag Lunch Vigil, Boston, February 18, 2010]  *Brown Bag Vigil, Boston, Feb
18 2010*

In Congress, 65 Representatives voted March 10 to pull out U.S. troops this
year, including 8 of 10 Massachusetts Reps. Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA) and
Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI) plan to offer a bill to require an exit strategy.
And a $33 billion Supplemental Appropriation will be coming up in April/May.
*We call on Sens. Kerry and Brown* to join the bulk of the Massachusetts
Congressional delegation and oppose the Afghanistan war, and we call on the
8 Representatives who voted for the Kucinich resolution to vote against war
funding.

At a time when millions of Americans are jobless and cities and towns across
the country are slashing budgets for basic services, we urgently need to
challenge the Administration's budgetary priorities. *Starve the war, not
the nation!* Across the country students, teachers, women, the disabled,
hospital and healthcare workers, the homeless, domestic workers, the
unemployed, seniors and many others are protesting deep budget cuts to
essential programs.

It's time to join our efforts for a just economy with our call for peace and
to tell Congress we can't afford war anymore.  Join us in a monthly Brown
Bag Lunch Vigil
(BBLV)<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=GMrI3nrGh6wEwl4dHNc%2Bxr6kSanqZgj2>
at
congressional offices.

Sponsored by UJP Afghanistan Task Force, Progressive Democrats of America,
and Veterans for Peace/Smedley Butler Brigade.    Email us at
ujpcoalition at gmail.com.

*Register to attend! <http://justicewithpeace.org/bblv-register>*
   <http://justicewithpeace.org>

United for Justice with Peace <http://justicewithpeace.org> is a coalition
of peace and justice organizations and community peace groups in the Greater
Boston region. The UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global
peace through social and economic justice.

*Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP
today.<http://justicewithpeace.org/donate>
*

ujpcoalition at gmail.com
 617-491-4UJP www.justicewithpeace.org
Upcoming Events:
  Brown Bag Lunch Vigil: Healthcare Not
Warfare<http://justicewithpeace.org/bblv-march-2010>Wed
Mar 1712:00pmDownstairs from Sen. John Kerry's officeBoston Opposed to the
wars but can’t go to Washington? Join
us!<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1157>Sat
Mar 2012:00pmPark Street StationBoston U.S. Out of Afghanistan & Iraq Now -
National March on Washington <http://justicewithpeace.org/node/862>Sat Mar
2012:00pmLafayette ParkWashington, DC Poster Art: Standing for Peace and
Justice <http://justicewithpeace.org/poster-art>Tue Mar 234:30pmLesley
UniversityCambridge Good Jobs Now! Make Wall Street
Pay!<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1086>Wed
Mar 2412:00pmBank of AmericaBoston Rally to Reverse School Budget
Cuts<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1130>Wed
Mar 245:30pmBoston School CommitteeBoston A Tribute to the Theater of Howard
Zinn <http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1077>Wed Mar 246:00pmSuffolk
UniversityBoston Rally for Jobs and Cuts in Military
Spending<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1152>Thu
Apr 224:30pmRoxbury Crossing T StationBoston International Day of Action for
a Nuclear-Free World <http://justicewithpeace.org/nfw>Sun May 22:00pmnear
Times SquareNew York, NY

*More Peace and Justice Events <http://justicewithpeace.org/upcoming-events>.
   How to Submit Events <http://justicewithpeace.org/posting-events>*

--
United for Justice with Peace
www.justicewithpeace.org

United for Justice with Peace is a coalition of peace and justice