[act-ma] 04/01 4pm - No Fooling! Protest Obama's War!

UJP: United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 17:39:02 PDT 2010

 No Fooling! Protest Obama's War!

*When:* Thursday, April 1, 2010, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
*Where: *Samuel Adams Park • Congress St. in back of Faneuil Hall •
Government Center T stop recommended • Boston
[image: Antiwar Demonstation, Washington DC, March 20 2010] *Antiwar
Protest, DC, March 20*

President Barack Obama will in Boston for a $500 a plate fundraiser for the
Democratic National Committee.  The fundraiser will take place in the State
Room on the 33d floor of 60 State Street in downtown Boston, near Government
Center and Faneuil Hall.

Peace and justice groups will protest President Obama's war policies and
giveways to the banks, saying:
• Bring our troops and war $$ home
• Fund national healthcare, not international warfare
• Jobs not Drones
• $$ for education, not for occupation

*Medea Benjamin <http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1195>*, founder of the
women's antiwar group *CODEPINK: Women for Peace* and of the fair trade
advocacy group Global Exchange, will be in Boston to address the protesters.

The fundraiser starts at 4:30 p.m.   We will gather at 4:00 p.m. in Sam
Adams Park, which is the open area in back of Faneuil Hall, between Faneuil
Hall and City Hall (see map below).   This area is directly in back of the
60 State Street building.

The focus of this event is against wars and occupations and linking these to
jobs, housing, health, education, and climate issues.   To the extent that
labor, environmental, and housing groups decide to join, we are open to
making their priority issues co-equal with war issues.  It is possible that
Tea Party type groups may also protest.   If so we don't want to be confused
with them as our message is the opposite, so choose messages
accordingly.   Bring
banners, signs, flags, drums, instruments, pots and pans.

Co-sponsored by United for Justice with Peace, CODEPINK: Women for Peace,
Mass Global Action, Women's International League for Peace and Freedom,
Veterans for Peace, Greater Boston Stop the Wars Coalition, and Boston May
Day Committee.   Endorse this
event<ujpcoalition at gmail.com?subject=No%20Fooling%21%20Protest%20Obama%27s%20War%21>
and
please forward this e-mail widely!

[image: Map of No Fooling Protest]
 <http://justicewithpeace.org/>

United for Justice with Peace <http://justicewithpeace.org/> is a coalition
of peace and justice organizations and community peace groups in the Greater
Boston region. The UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global
peace through social and economic justice.

*Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP
today.<http://justicewithpeace.org/donate>
*

ujpcoalition at gmail.com
617-491-4UJPwww.justicewithpeace.org

Upcoming Events:

Medea Benjamin: Growing the Peace
Movement<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1195> Wed
Mar 317:00pmEncuentro 5 BostonNo Fooling! Protest Obama's
War!<http://justicewithpeace.org/obama-no-fooling> Thu
Apr 14:00pm Samuel Adams ParkBostonNuclear Free Future, U.S. Military
Strategy, Raytheon <http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1205> Tue Apr
66:00pm North
Parish ChurchNorth AndoverBring our War $$ Home on Tax
Day<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1204> Thu
Apr 154:00pm many locationsBoston areaBrown Bag Lunch Vigil: Stop the
Military Budget Supplemental <http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1191> Wed Apr
2112:00pm Downstairs from Sen. John Kerry's officeBoston Rally for Jobs and
Cuts in Military Spending <http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1152> Thu Apr 22
4:30pmRoxbury Crossing T Station BostonInternational Day of Action for a
Nuclear-Free World <http://justicewithpeace.org/nfw-rally> Sun May 22:00pm near
Times SquareNew York, NYLabor and the Afghanistan War: A
Teach-In<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1197> Sat
May 89:00am SEIU 1199Dorchester

*More Peace and Justice Events <http://justicewithpeace.org/upcoming-events>.
   How to Submit Events <http://justicewithpeace.org/posting-events>*

--
United for Justice with Peace
www.justicewithpeace.org

United for Justice with Peace is a coalition of peace and justice