[act-ma] At the Jamaica Plain Forum, Thursday April 8 at 7 PM: Why We Can’t Get Ahead: Job Challenges for the American Worker

Liz Wambui lizw at ips-dc.org
Thu Apr 1 13:01:12 PDT 2010

Hello,

Below is information regarding the upcoming event at the Jamaica Plain Forum. Attached is a media release. Please circulate widely.

Why We Can’t Get Ahead: Job Challenges for the American Worker – Steven Greenhouse of the New York Times

When: Thursday 8 April 2010 at 7:00 PM
Where: First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain 02130

Speaker: Steven Greenhouse, New York Times business and economics correspondent

New York Times journalist Steven Greenhouse will talk about how American companies are squeezing millions of workers – and offer a practical set of solutions the government, business and labor leaders could implement to help Americans get ahead. Co-sponsored by the Tellus Institute and the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee.

Thank you

Elizabeth Wambui
Institute for Policy Studies-Northeast Office
Office Manager and Jamaica Plain Forum Coordinator
E-Mail: LizW at Ips-dc.org
Phone: 617-477-8630 Ext.301
Fax: 617-477-8634
Program on Inequality and Common Good