[act-ma] WILD Summer Institute for labor movement women, June 18-20

emily hardt emilyhardt at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 11:45:30 PDT 2010

                24th Annual Summer Institute:
Working Women Organizing for an Economy that WORKS

                        Where:
                        Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002

Driving Directions

When:
June 18, 2010 at 05:00 PM
-to-
June 20, 2010 at 03:00 PM
Add to my calendar

The Summer Institute is less than three weeks away! The registration deadline is this Friday, June 4th. Read the latest details about the program schedule below and click the link to sign up now!
We also need YOUR support to keep the Institute accessible to each and every labor movement woman. To be sure your donation is acknowledged in the Summer Institute program book, click here to make a contribution today -- and thank you!

As always, this year's Summer Institute will tackle the urgent issues confronting our lives, our communities and our unions. We'll start the weekend with a discussion of the
economic crisis, led by Emily Kawano, Executive Director of the Center for
Popular Economics. We'll have workshops on organizing for a more just economy, building coalitions to create green jobs and save our environment, immigration and workplace sexual harassment. We're also offering steward's training and a contract negotiation workshop, both known for building solid, practical union skills.

What better way to learn these new skills and engage with critical contemporary issues than with a diverse group of powerful activists and leaders? You'll leave the Institute ready to take on challenges and reach for your goals, after in-depth leadership development workshops and connecting with women from around the state.A performance by Enchanted Circle Theater on the life and work of
Sojourner Truth and a graduation address by Carol Moruzzi, a pioneering Tradeswoman, will round out the weekend and send us back to our work with renewed inspiration and determination.

Don't miss this rich, empowering weekend!

                    Register Now!

                        The cost of the weekend is $220 per person, which includes materials,
meals and overnight accommodations in single
rooms. Childcare and transportation from Boston is available with prior registration. Financial assistance is also available. Please see www.wildlabor.org for more details and an application, or contact me with any questions.

Hope you can join us!

                        Emily Hardt
                        Women's Institute for Leadership Development
                        emily at wildlabor.org
                        617-426-0520

Forward email

This email was sent to emilyhardt at hotmail.com by emily at wildlabor.org.

Email Marketing by

Women's Institute for Leadership Develop | 33 Harrison Ave. 5th floor | Boston | MA | 02111