[act-ma] 6/14 Stop Eric's deportation! Keep Eric at Harvard! Meeting (Mon)

Lily Huang lily.yimche.huang at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 05:55:32 PDT 2010

6/14 Stop Eric's deportation! Keep Eric at Harvard! Meeting (Mon)

Monday 6/14
5PM
In front of State House

You may have already heard about the latest DREAMer facing deportation
- this time it’s in our area! Recently, Eric Balderas the Harvard
student was detained by immigration at the San Antonio, Texas airport
when he was trying to come back to Boston for school for a research
program he is doing this summer. He has been released but has a court
scheduled for July 6th, 2010. It does not seem that Eric would be able
to benefit from any kind of immigration relief but the passing of the
DREAM Act. Therefore, this is obviously an urgent matter because we
have little time to stop his deportation.

I’m looking to put together a committee that would be willing to help
with stopping Eric’s deportation. Eric’s case is basically a perfect
DREAM case: he is a stellar student and came to the US since he was
only 4 years old. I have several ideas already since I have experience
going through this terrible saga before.

If you can help, please let me know if you are able to meet TODAY
anytime after 5:00pm in front of the State House. If you cannot make
it today, please let me know that you want to help out and we can
assign tasks. We need to start a mobilization around Eric’s case by
Monday the latest. Please email me back or feel free to call me. Thank
you so much in advance!

All the best,

Mario
(617) 461-2846