[act-ma] Weatherization Barnraising
gmoke at world.std.com
Wed Jun 23 10:56:16 PDT 2010
HEET has about 20 people signed up so far for this weatherization
barnraising on an emergency family shelter at the Cambridge YWCA but
they could use 20 or 30 more. A weatherization barnraising is not
only an opportunity to learn energy skills but also a good time and a
party. Helping to reduce the energy costs for an emergency shelter
will be of real benefit to many people in great need. If you can
spare some time, please come by and help.
Saturday, June 26th
Attic air-sealing Saturday, June 19th 9-2
Cambridge YWCA Emergency Family Shelter
3 Bigelow Street, Cambridge
• Pitch in to help 10 homeless families who live at the shelter
• Lower vast energy bills for the shelter so it can help the families
• Learn skills that can save you $$ at home
• Fight climate change
• Share food & celebrate after a job well done
• No skills necessary – training on the job!!
• An easy and cheap way to fix old vinyl replacement windows so they
easily close again
• Air-sealing an incredibly leaky attic
• Using caulk and sprayfoam to stop air leaks
• Saving water and electricity
• Installing programmable thermostats
• Masonry, plastering, and more
If you want to take part in the attic air-sealing, check the box on
the form, or if Emailing or calling, let us know.
Sign up today by web, email or phone!!
heet.cambridge at gmail.com
Organized by HEET (Home Energy Efficiency Team), a Cambridge-based co-
op that brings neighbors together to weatherize our homes and take the
energy future into our own hands.
Co-sponsored by Cambridge Energy Alliance
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Act-MA