[act-ma] JOB: Economic Justice Organizer in Jamaica Plain

Liz Wambui lizw at ips-dc.org
Wed Jul 7 11:10:38 PDT 2010

Hello,

Below (and attached) is a job description for an Economic Justice Organizer at the Institute for Policy Studies in Jamaica Plain. Please circulate widely

Economic Justice Organizer
Program on Inequality and the Common Good
Institute for Policy Studies –New England Office, Jamaica Plain Boston.

In response to the Great Recession, the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) has initiated, provided resources to and supported a network of “common security clubs,” locally based associations engaged in education, mutual aid and social action. These clubs are attempting to build social resilience in the face of economic and ecological change.  IPS is looking for an energetic individual to work out of our Boston office as part of a team to coordinate support to this network.

The IPS Program on Inequality and the Common Good (www.ips-dc.org/inequality) works to address the extreme inequalities of income, wealth and opportunity in the U.S.

The main responsibility of this job will be to direct the network of common security clubs.  This includes coordinating a team of volunteers and consultants to develop curriculum tools, promote clubs, train facilitators and provide leadership to program development and advancement

Other responsibilities include support to our local Jamaica Plain Forum and national network of community forums.  Duties will include supervision of coordinator of Jamaica Plain Forum, a local film and lecture series based at First Church Unitarian Universalist in Jamaica Plain (www.jamaicaplainforum.org).

We are seeking a person with a burning passion for economic justice, strong people and organizing and networking skills, experience facilitating meetings and training facilitators, and strong written and public speaking skills.

To see full job description and information about applying, go to http://www.ips-dc.org/about/joinus

Elizabeth Wambui
Institute for Policy Studies-Northeast Office
Office Manager and Jamaica Plain Forum Coordinator
E-Mail: LizW at Ips-dc.org
Program on Inequality and Common Good
www.extremeinequality.org
www.jamaicaplainforum.org