[act-ma] "Walk for Seven Generations" at the Cambridge Friends Meeting House: Saturday, July 31, 2010

skip schiel skipschiel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 07:39:19 PDT 2010

On Saturday, July 31, the Youth Programs Committee welcomes the "Walk for
Seven Generations" to the Cambridge Friends Meeting House. Monks, nuns, and
friends from the Leverett Peace Pagoda begin a ten day walk in Dorchester
that morning. Around 6:15 pm, there will be a community potluck and sharing
circle. All are joyfully welcome to the evening gathering and/or to join the
walk for whatever time is doable for them. The walk will end on Nagasaki Day
at the Leverett Peace Pagoda where there will be a remembering ceremony at
11:00 am. For information about the potluck, call Lynn Lazar 617-354-7348 or
Skip Schiel, 671-441-7756. To connect with the walk call Tim Bullock,
 413-485-8465.

*Friends Meeting House
5 Longfellow Park
Cambridge MA
Off Brattle St, convenient to the Harvard Square T station*

Additional information is attached.

Photos of the 2007 walk:

http://teeksaphoto.org/RecentPhotos/SpringWalk_3_29_07/index.html

+++++++++++

Skip Schiel (a.k.a Ein al-Nour)

9 Sacramento St
Cambridge MA 02138-1843 USA
skipschiel at gmail.com
http://teeksaphoto.org
http://skipschiel.wordpress.com
617-441-7756 (landline, preferred)
617-230-6314 (cell/mobile)

*"To acknowledge our ancestors means we are aware that we did not make
ourselves, that the line stretches all the way back, perhaps, to God; or to
Gods. We remember them because it is an easy thing to forget: that we are
not the first to suffer, rebel, fight, love, and die. The grace with which
we embrace life, in spite of the pain, the sorrows, is always a measure of
what has gone before."

—Alice Walker**

*To subscribe to my PHOTOGRAPHY list, mostly what I make (on a variety of
topics), plus relevant other information and examples. I'll send links
(average 1-3 links per week), not actual photo files. If interested, please
respond with SUBSCRIBE PHOTOS.

To join my email list about my experiences in PALESTINE-ISRAEL, along with
postings related to that issue and very personal reflections and
photographs, please reply with SUBSCRIBE LEVANT in the subject line.

A new list: DETROIT, photos, writings, videos, from my journey in July 2010.
SUBSCRIBE DETROIT, if interested.