[act-ma] 8/3 *Reminder* Student Immigrant Movement's DREAM University--with Graduation speaker Aviva Chomsky (Tuesday)

Lily Huang lily.yimche.huang at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 06:15:26 PDT 2010

The Student Immigrant Movement's DREAM University-Boston campus on
Tuesday August 3rd 2010 at the State House Steps!
*Schedule*
10 AM- "Orientation"
11 AM- Teach-In Session on the Civil Rights Movement
NOON- Lunch
1 PM- Second Teach-In Session on Latin American Studies with Prof. Deborah
Levenson from Boston College
2PM- Third Teach-In on US Intervention in Central America with Guillermo, a
professor from Mexico
3PM- "Graduation" with Prof. Aviva Chomsky from Salem State, Patricia Montes
from Centro Presente, Rev. Christopher Hope and SIM's very own Rodrigo and
Maria
5PM- "Graduation" Celebration/Fundraiser (Open Mic, Community Slam poets,
Music, Art)-- Please bring $5 donation or share food!

Please join us for DREAM University @ the State House(Tuesday,
August 3rd) to push for the DREAM Act!
The DREAM Act movement is at an exciting and urgent time. We have been
waiting too long. We have been denied an education and it is now time to
take matters to our own hands. This is the land of the American Dream. We
are supposed to fight, we are supposed to work hard, and we will continue to
do so until we succeed.

We need school, we need an education.
If they are not going to let us be educated, we will do it on our own. We
built our own university, our DREAM University in DC(
www.dreamuniversity2010.org) and we are having a
satellite campus in Boston on Tuesay August 3rd!.

DREAM University opened in front of the White House on Wednesday July 14th.
More than five hundred undocumented students from California, Texas,
Arizona, Illinois, Kansas, Wisconsin, New York and Maine are coming to learn
together and to fight for the DREAM Act. More than 40 students from
Massachusetts went to DC last week. 21 undocumented students were arrested
for doing civil obedience--sitting in the offices of our Senators and
demanding the DREAM Act now. DREAMers continue to meet and build our
movement steps away from the White House. Students are lobbying our
Senators, learning our American histories, and even dancing the Cha-Cha
Slide in front of the White House!

Please RSVP for the whole day or for whenever you can come! Please visit our
sign up form (
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEg0T0tVekk4T0ktR0JZaHBnVlhEWmc6MQ
)
or call Lily Huang, 857-204-5550!