[act-ma] Job Opening at the Somerville Community Corporation

Matthew Shuman mshuman at SomervilleCDC.org
Fri Jul 30 12:45:59 PDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

There is a job opening for a bilingual Spanish/English person at the
Somerville Community Corporation. The job is Program Assistant for
Homelessness Prevention and Asset Building. If you are interested in
social policy, financial education, social work with a focus on
homelessness prevention, or helping develop policies and programs that
help low income people get and stay out of poverty you should read on.
(The job description is attached).

The position is funded through Americorps so the pay is an $18,000 a
year stipend as well as a $5,300 educational award at the end of the
year (9/1/2010 to 8/31/2010). Also, SCC is looking to eventually make
the job a full staff position so it is a great way to join the staff of
a very innovative and successful community organization.

I am currently in the position and will be leaving in the end of August
for a new job. I would be more than happy to speak to anyone about the
position and answer any questions you might have. My number is
617-776-5931 ext 225. If you are considering applying but have concerns
really don't hesitate - I'd love to talk to anyone about the work.
Thanks a lot and have a great weekend!

Matt

Matt Shuman
Somerville Community Corporation