[act-ma] The Beehive Design Collective - on tour in MA 10/5- 10/22

martin driggs mdriggs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 07:49:27 PDT 2010

The Bees are SWARMING in Massachusetts! The Beehive Design Collective Fall
Tour is in full swing!  Come be part of the story portrayed in their epic
illustration "True Cost of Coal!" ::

The Bees have spent 10 years developing an innovative and story-based
education strategy that we share through a variety of interactive,
image-based picture-lectures and graphic workshops.
In our workshops and presentations, we use giant, portable murals to
deconstruct issues as far-reaching as globalization, climate change,
colonization and resource extraction.

The Bee's Proudly Present; THE TRUE COST OF COAL

Our insatiable demand for cheap power has lead to the most extreme,
devastating form of coal mining yet, Mountaintop Removal (MTR). The TRUE
COST OF COAL graphic uses MTR in Appalachia as a lens through which to
understand the historical and contemporary story of ENERGY, RESOURCE
EXTRACTION and of AMERICAN EMPIRE accelerating throughout the world. We will
expose the DECEPTIONS of CLEAN COAL technologies and bring to light the
ensuing CLIMATE CHAOS facing the world today.

With a gigantic portable mural teeming with intricate images of plants and
animals from the most bio-diverse temperate forest on the planet, the Bees
will share (and seek) stories of how coal mining and Mountaintop Removal
affect communities and ecosystems throughout Appalachia and beyond.

Don't miss your chance to catch the Bee's on their national tour!

Northeast Dates (details here<http://www.beehivecollective.org/english/tour.htm>
)

10/5 in JP and Boston,
10/7 in Brookline,