[act-ma] BIC at LPC: Radical Film Night presents 'Sugar' 10/13 7pm FREE!

Corry Banton corryb8 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 06:46:33 PDT 2010

BIC Presents Radical Movie Night at the Lucy Parsons Center:
Sugar (2008)
Wednesday, October 13th   7pm  FREE!
549 Columbus Ave. Boston
Boston Interpreters Collective presents this film about Miguel "Sugar" Santos. "After he catches the eye of a scout while playing in his native Dominican Republic, baseball prospect Miguel "Sugar" Santos (Algenis Perez Soto) is recruited to play in the minor leagues in the Midwest, where he has difficultly adapting both on and off the field. A story about the broken promise of the American dream, this film dramatizes the hard lessons learned when hope and reality clash."

The Boston Interpreters Collective features social events like these free movie nights in order to build multilingual community and take a look at issues related to immigrant rights and human rights together, please join us!

www.interpreterscollective.org
http://www.sonypictures.com/classics/sugar/
 Mission - The Boston Interpreters Collective is dedicated to promoting a multi-lingual society by eliminating language barriers and building community. We work toward social justice by supporting community organizing through our interpretation services and language classes and popular education workshops. Our collective is committed to promoting equal rights for all by addressing root causes of oppression.