[act-ma] Fwd: [mfsomass] Senator Kerry: Stop the Afghanistan War! (Today!)

Susan Serpa neimpeach at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 08:06:44 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sarah Fuhro <Sarahbeagl at aol.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:22:32 -0400
Subject: [mfsomass] Senator Kerry: Stop the Afghanistan War! (Today!)

> Senator Kerry: Stop the Afghanistan War! (TOMORROW)
>

> Top, John Kerry denounces the Vietnam war in April 1971. Above,
> Kerry in July 2009 promises to "take a hard look" at the Afghanistan
> war.
>
> When: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
> Where: Home of Sen. John Kerry • 19 Louisburg Square at Pinckney St.
> • Charles/MGH T stop • Boston
>
> WILPF Boston in collaboration with other groups, plans to
> demonstrate in front of Sen. John Kerry's home.  Join us!
>
> Kerry is a key player in Afghanistan policy.   As chair of the
> Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Kerry has the power to call for
> hearings to end U.S. involvement in Afghanistan. Although Kerry has
> repeatedly hinted that he will break with the Administration's war
> in Afghanistan, he has never done so.   Unlike all 10 Massachusetts
> House Representatives who joined the majority of House Democrats and
> voted in July for an exit timeline, and unlike 9 who voted against
> war funds, Kerry has not called for ending the war, an exit strategy
> or reduction in funding.
>
> We are calling for him to sponsor hearings to get out of Afghanistan
> and cut military spending.  Peace activists presented a letter to
> Chris Wyman, manager of Kerry's Boston office, on October 20,
> calling for Sen. Kerry to hold hearings on the disastrous U.S. war
> in Afghanistan.
>
> Signs will include these messages:
>
> US out of Afghanistan
> Bring the War Tax Dollars Home
> Raging Grannies, a well known street singing group, will be joining
> the demonstration.  Veterans for Peace have expressed interest in
> participating as well.
>
> Other WILPF branches will be having actions in other cities as well
> on the same day.   Contact: wilpf_boston at verizon.net.
>

> Read back issues of the Afghanistan War Weekly
>

> United for Justice with Peace is a coalition of peace and justice
> organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston
> region. The UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global
> peace through social and economic justice.
>
> Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP
> today.
>

> ujpcoalition at gmail.com
>
> 617-383-4UJP (NEW!)	www.justicewithpeace.org
>
> Upcoming Events:
> Ending Apartheid: The Legacy of Struggle at BU	Tue Oct 26	7:00pm
> Boston University	Boston
> Senator Kerry: Stop the Afghanistan War!	Wed Oct 27	4:30pm	Home of
> Sen. John Kerry	Boston
> Ann Jones: Let's Not Forget the Women?	Thu Oct 28	5:30pm	Harvard
> Kennedy School	Cambridge
> Know Your Rights - Update for Peace and Justice Groups	Wed Nov 3
> 6:00pm	Community Church of Boston	Boston
> Matthew Hoh: A New Way Forward in Afghanistan	Thu Nov 4	7:00pm	First
> Parish in Cambridge	Cambridge
> Building an Organized War (Tax) Resistance Movement	Fri Nov 5	5:00pm
> Cambridge Friends Meeting Center	Cambridge
> [...]

Sarah Fuhro
sarahbeagl at aol.com

Keeping our Ancient Wisdom Alive
The Wisdom Tradition evolved over the centuries to address our deepest
human needs. Sarah Fuhro is a practitioner of its many forms;
including Astrology, Tarot, Flower Essences and Druidry. In addition
to personal consultations, Sarah teaches workshops and private
classes, offering both clients and students knowledge powerfully
rooted in the past, presented in the language of the present.  To
learn more, please visit www.sarahfuhro.com or
www.starfloweralchemy.com.

--
Susan C. Paine Serpa