[act-ma] [UJP Activist] Where do we go from here? A Post-Election Forum

United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 09:48:34 PDT 2010

UJP Activist: Where do we go from here? A Post-Election Forum

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE? A POST-ELECTION FORUM

When: Monday, November 15, 2010, 7:00 pm         to 9:00 pm

Where:     Encuentro 5 • 33 Harrison Ave • 5th Floor • Boston      •
Chinatown T

Making sense of these crazy elections... Where do our social movements in Boston
go from here? What role might "One Nation Working Together" play in this
dangerous time?

The "One Nation Working Together" rally brought together an unprecedented
progressive coalition in Washington on October 2. Nationally, One Nation plans
to continue its ambitious collaboration effort after the November election -
when such collaboration between labor, civil rights, environmental, socal
justice, housing, peace, and youth groups will be more important than ever.

The speakers represent Massachusetts groups that collaborated on One Nation. The
forum will assess the election results and their impact on our movements'
political environment, suggest ways that our movements can response together in
2011 to the many challenges we face, and examine whether One Nation might play a
role in our efforts to unite social movements here in Massachusetts.

Speakers:

  *
Juan Cofield, New England Area Conference NAACP

      *
Maria Elena Letona, Immigrants Rights Activist

      *
Russ Davis, Jobs with Justice

      *
Grace Ross, Mass. Alliance Against Predatory Lending

      *
Steve Meacham, City Life/Vida Urbana

      *
Lew Finfer, Mass. COmmunities Action Network

      *
Enid Eckstein (invited), SEIU 1199

      *
Peter Brooks, Watertown Citizens for Environmental Safety

      *
Mike Prokosch, Fund our Communities/Cut Military Spending 25%

      *
Mark Solomon, Majority Agenda Project

		 [4]

United for Justice with Peace [5] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [6]

Please forward this message widely

ujpcoalition at gmail.com [7]

            617-383-4UJP (NEW!)

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [8]

Site Newsletter Sequence:
0

Upcoming Events:

		Building an Organized War (Tax) Resistance Movement [9]

		Fri Nov 5

		5:00pm

		Cambridge Friends Meeting Center

		Cambridge

		Report from Afghanistan: Women, Children and War [10]

		Fri Nov 5

		7:00pm

		TabernacleChurch

		Salem

		Regional Antiwar Conference [11]

		Sat Nov 6

		12:00pm

		St Marks Church

		New York, NY

		Veterans Day for Peace [12]

		Thu Nov 11

		11:30am

		Boston

		Andrew Bacevich: Civil-Military Relations [13]

		Thu Nov 11

		3:00pm

		Cambridge Friends Center

		Cambridge

		‘My Name is Rachel Corrie’ and ‘Seven Jewish Children’ [14]

		Sun Nov 14

		3:00pm

		Boston University

		Boston

		Kathy Kelly [15]

		Mon Nov 15

		3:00pm

		Simmons College

		Boston

		Where do we go from here? A Post-Election Forum [16]

		Mon Nov 15

		7:00pm

		Encuentro 5

		Boston

More Peace and Justice Events [17].    How to Submit Events [18]

[1] http://www.majorityagendaproject.org/
[2] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1042836/flyer-2010-11-15_one_nation_elections.pdf
[3]
http://encuentro5.org/home/sites/default/files/flyer-2010-11-15_one_nation_elections.pdf