[act-ma] [UJP Activist] 'My Name is Rachel Corrie' and 'Seven Jewish Children'

United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 09:18:20 PST 2010

UJP Activist: 'My Name is Rachel Corrie' and 'Seven Jewish Children'

'MY NAME IS RACHEL CORRIE' AND 'SEVEN JEWISH CHILDREN'

The Portland Peace Players of Maine present two plays as a fundraiser for the US
boat to break the blockade of Gaza:

My Name is Rachel Corrie - taken from the writings of Rachel Corrie, edited by
Alan Rickman and Katharine Viner

and Seven Jewish Children - by Caryl Churchill

When: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Where: Boston University • 8 St. Marys St. • Photonics Center Room 206 -
Green Line "B" • Boston

Suggested donation $10-$20.   Doors open at 2:30.  For more information and
reservations: greaterbostoncodepink at gmail.com facebook: greaterbostoncodepink

On March 16, 2003 Rachel Corrie, a 23-year-old peace activist from Olympia,
Washington, was crushed to death by an Israeli Defence Forces Caterpillar
bulldozer. It ran over her as she was kneeling and waving her arms in an effort
to prevent it from destroying the home of pharmacist Samir Nasrallah in Rafah in
the Gaza Strip.

Rachel is pictured below a few days before her death. She is standing with a
bullhorn attempting to defend another Palestinian home from destruction by the
Israeli military.

Co-sponsors: American Jews for a Just Peace, Boston Coalition for Palestinian
Rights, BU Students for Justice in Palestine, Code Pink Boston, Jewish Voice for
Peace, Palestinian House of New England, Sabeel-New England, United for Justice
with Peace Palestine Task Force (list in formation).

		 [1]

United for Justice with Peace [2] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [3]

Please forward this message widely

ujpcoalition at gmail.com [4]

            617-383-4UJP (NEW!)

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [5]

Upcoming Events:

		Veterans Day for Peace [6]

		Thu Nov 11

		11:30am

		Boston

		Andrew Bacevich: Civil-Military Relations [7]

		Thu Nov 11

		3:00pm

		Cambridge Friends Center

		Cambridge

		Benefit Concert: Dean Stevens and Friends [8]

		Fri Nov 12

		7:30pm

		North Parish Unitarian Universalist Church

		North Andover

		'My Name is Rachel Corrie' and 'Seven Jewish Children' [9]

		Sun Nov 14

		3:00pm

		Boston University

		Boston

		Kathy Kelly [10]

		Mon Nov 15

		3:00pm

		Simmons College

		Boston

		Where do we go from here? A Post-Election Forum [11]

		Mon Nov 15

		7:00pm

		Encuentro 5

		Boston

		Remember Fallujah [12]

		Tue Nov 16

		7:00pm

		Boston University

		Boston

More Peace and Justice Events [13].    How to Submit Events [14]

"		Attachment
"
"		Size
"