[act-ma] Friday 11/12 Buttoning up for Winter: A Weatherization Workshop at the JP Forum

Liz Wambui lizw at ips-dc.org
Mon Nov 8 11:49:43 PST 2010

Hello! As the days get colder and shorter, is your home ready for Winter yet?! Join us this Friday at 7:00 PM for a Weatherization forum presented by Boston Building Materials Co-op and Boston Climate Action Network!

Buttoning up for Winter: A Weatherization Workshop

When: Friday November 12th at 7:00 PM
Where: First Church in Jamaica Plain Unitarian Universalist, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain
Presenters: Boston Building Materials Co-op and Boston Climate Action Network.

Save on your energy bills, save the climate, and be more comfortable in your home: How’s that for a win-win-win for the winter? This Weatherization Forum will start with the basics of how heat gets lost in your home. Then we’ll look at ways to reduce the energy that gets used intentionally and unintentionally, starting with “no brainer” steps you can take (easy ways of increasing efficiency and reducing demand) to great investments (slightly more challenging but eminently doable) to long-term measures (more expensive and involved). We’ll conclude with an overview of community resources and a door prize drawing. The conversation will be led by representatives from the Boston Building Materials Co-op and Boston Climate Action Network.

Thanks to our co-sponsors: JP Greenhouse, BCAN, Cool JP, Bikes not Bombs

For more information, please visit www.jamaicaplainforum.org

Elizabeth Wambui
Institute for Policy Studies-Northeast Office
Office Manager and Jamaica Plain Forum Coordinator
E-Mail: LizW at Ips-dc.org
Program on Inequality and Common Good
www.extremeinequality.org
www.jamaicaplainforum.org