[act-ma] 11/15, Boston - Where do we go from here? A Post-Election Forum

Majority Agenda Project events at majorityagendaproject.org
Mon Nov 8 13:44:04 PST 2010

  Where do we go from here? A Post-Election Forum

*When:*Monday, November 15, 2010, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
*Where:*Encuentro 5 . 33 Harrison Ave . 5th Floor . Boston  . Chinatown T

/Making sense of these crazy elections... Where do our social movements
in Boston go from here? What role might "One Nation//Working Together"
play in this dangerous time?/

//

      The "One Nation Working Together" rally brought together an
      unprecedented progressive coalition in Washington on October 2.
      Nationally, One Nation plans to continue its ambitious
      collaboration effort after the November election - when such
      collaboration between labor, civil rights, environmental, socal
      justice, housing, peace, and youth groups will be more important
      than ever.

      The speakers represent Massachusetts groups that collaborated on
      One Nation. The forum will assess the election results and their
      impact onour movements' political environment, suggest ways that
      our movements can response together in 2011 to the many challenges
      we face, and examine whether One Nation might play a role in our
      efforts to unite social movements here in Massachusetts.

*Speakers*:

    * *Juan Cofield*, New England Area Conference NAACP
    * *Maria Elena Letona*, Immigrants Rights Activist
    * *Russ Davis*, Jobs with Justice
    * *Grace Ross*, Mass. Alliance Against Predatory Lending
    * *Steve Meacham*, City Life/Vida Urbana
    * *Lew Finnfer*, Mass. COmmunities Action Network
    * *Enid Eckstein*(invited), SEIU 1199
    * *Peter Brooks*, Watertown Citizens for Environmental Safety
    * *Mike Prokosch*, Fund our Communities/Cut Military Spending 25%
    * *Mark Solomon*, Majority Agenda Project

For more information
visitwww.majorityagendaproject.org<http://www.majorityagendaproject.org/>or
call (617) 482-6300

Download the flyer: here
<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1042836/flyer-2010-11-15_one_nation_elections.pdf> or
here
<http://encuentro5.org/home/sites/default/files/flyer-2010-11-15_one_nation_elections.pdf>

/Sponsored by The Majority Agenda Project/