[act-ma] 12/9 Evaluating Immigration Reform (Sun.)

Sarah Chandonnet sarahchandonnet at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 16:42:21 PST 2010

*Ethical Society Presents **Steve Schnapp, Senior Education Coordinator,
United for a Fair Economy*
Sunday, December 19, 2010. 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Spiegel Auditorium; 56 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138

Steve Schnapp, Senior Education Coordinator, United for a Fair Economy
"Economic Refugees: Immigration and the Growing Divide"

There is a growing clamor about our “immigration problem.” But what are the
facts about immigration? What is pushing and pulling workers to leave their
homeland and families and make dangerous border crossings? Who benefits from
rules that allow entrance by some workers and criminalize others? What do
foreign-born and domestic workers have in common? How can we evaluate
proposed immigration “reforms”? This presentation provides information,
analysis, and strategies for action to close the political and social
divides that pit workers and communities against each other.

This event is free and open to the public.