[act-ma] BASEN Hosts Robbie Samuels of Socialing for Justice (SoJust), Wed, Dec 15th, 7 PM, Beaufort Co-op (JP)

R. Wayne Clark rwayneclark at igc.org
Tue Dec 14 05:48:24 PST 2010

Boston-Area Solidarity Economy Network (BASEN)

Robbie Samuels of the Socializing for Justice (SoJust)

Date/Time: Wednesday, December 15th at 7 PM
Location: Beaufort Co-op, 31 Beaufort Rd., Jamaica Plain, MA, 02130

The Boston Area Solidarity Economy Network (BASEN) hosts Robbie Samuels of Socializing for Justice (SoJust) who will lead a discussion of how having fun can be as important to any revolution as the right strategy and tactics.

  Socializing for Justice was founded in 2006 to build a cross-issue progressive community, network and movement in Boston. Since then they've grown to over 1500 members, hosted over 80 events and facilitated countless connections. SoJust focuses on creating welcoming spaces that foster relationship-building across issue silos. The philosophy of abundance is at the root of SoJust's vision and they share several resources on their website - www.sojust.org -  including a list of 40+ places to post events on the web, a calendar of cross-promoted social justice events and a "Craigslist-style" message board. SoJust is not a non-profit 501(c)(3), they are a volunteer-run, member- funded, grassroots organization. Robbie Samuels, SoJust Co-Founder & Co-Organizer will be joining us to share how they've accomplished this and what's on the horizon as the organization moves towards it's 5th year anniversary.

Robbie will share with us his vision of how organizations like SoJust can promote the Solidarity Economy that we seek to build.

We begin with a vegetarian potluck dinner.  We usually open the meeting with a brief review of area efforts to build the Solidarity Economy in which our members are participating, followed by Robbie's presentation, and ending with a questions and discussion.

You are cordially invited to attend.  For Directions & to RSVP, call me @ 603-512-0000 or send email to rwayneclark, so that we can estimate the number to attend.

In solidarity,

Wayne Clark
BASEN Co-Convenor