[act-ma] Single Payer Lobby Day! Mark Your Calendars: Wed, Jan 12

Benjamin Day director at masscare.org
Thu Dec 16 10:51:02 PST 2010

Please mark your calendars: lobby day for the Massachusetts single payer
bill will be on Wednesday, January 12 starting at 1PM! Room to be
announced. Lobby day comes up only once every two years, and it is
extremely important to turn out people from across the state. Please
help by reaching out to organizations you are involved with, and
reaching out to your neighbors to attend.

Mass-Care's web-page has been updated with an all new fact sheet,
section-by-section summary, and the new bill itself, which is called "An
Act for Improved Medicare for All in Massachusetts: Providing
Guaranteed, Affordable Health Care." It will be filed by Senator Jamie
Eldridge:

http://masscare.org/ma-single-payer-bill/

We have also benefited from an important new study from Professor Gerald
Friedman, an economist at UMass Amherst, which estimates the savings
from our single payer bill, and how it would impact families and
employers. Highlights from his new study can be found in our fact sheet:

http://masscare.org/ma-single-payer-bill/medicare-for-all-massachusetts-fact-sheet/

... and the full study can be downloaded here:

http://masscare.org/ma-single-payer-studies/gerald-friedman-report-on-cost-and-funding/