[act-ma] 12/20/2010 Sermon and Vigil for the DREAM Act! (Monday)

Lily Huang lily.yimche.huang at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 11:55:51 PST 2010

Recognizing our great diversity of experience, background, faith, religion,
and orientation -- and valuing that diversity as a strength of our just
movement for immigrant rights -- we borrow from the story of different
faiths to guide us in this moment.

We will come together on Monday Dec 20th, a day before the winter solstice,
to stand in vigilance and witness to Sen's Brown wrong-ful NO vote. As the
darkness gives way to the daylight in this Holiday season, we also ask for
DREAMers to be let to come into the light.

Join us on this very special day!
12-1:00: SERMON with religious leaders and stories from our DREAMers- Let us
learn!
All afternoon in Senator Brown's office: Community and faith allies pray and
DREAMers give holiday presents of DREAM stories and photos of themselves in
school and sing DREAM carols- Let us DREAM!
4:30-5:30: CANDLELIGHT VIGIL to show Sen. Brown that we witness his decision
but will stay vigilant through the cold and darkness to our DREAMs- Let us
into the light!

Please let us know you can join us by filling out this simple form:!
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGctVVNUTGVFcVlYVE5VMVoyV0NuZkE6MQ

Also, we still need phone calls into Senate. The vote may happen Monday
(that is, if we make enough calls...)

Please keep calling the target Senators!  Capitol Hill
Switchboard:202-224-3121

Senate Democrats:
Conrad (ND), Dorgan (ND), McCaskill (MO), Webb (VA), Warner (VA), Landrieu
(LA), Pryor (AR), Tester (MT), Hagan (NC)
Senate Republicans:
Murkowski (AK), Hutchison (TX), Brownback (KS), Kirk (IL), Bennett (UT),
Brown (MA), Ensign (NV), Voinovich (OH), Snowe (ME), Collins (ME), Lemieux
(FL), Lugar (IN), Bunning (KY)