[act-ma] Did you resolve to "do more good" in the world? SoJust 2011!

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 10:24:32 PST 2011

Hey fellow activists and organizers!

We've made it through another Life upgrade - we're now at 1.1.11. Hope you
saved your resolutions before the auto-reboot last night at midnight!

Was one of your resolutions to have more meaningful relationships? Did you
resolve to "do more good" in the world? Maybe you wanted to stop
procrastinating and start living life to the fullest? Whatever your
resolution, Socializing for Justice has something great in store for you in
2011!

We know this because SoJust STARZ (regulars) come together for a *SoJust
Visioning* every January to re-examine this great social experiment we call
Socializing for Justice. We discuss what SoJust is, what can it be and how
will we know when we get there. We're open to a few more community leaders
attending even if they haven't been to a SoJust event. Please contact me if
you'd like to attend the SoJust Visioning on January 15 from 2-5PM in JP. We
want to be sure we're being accountable to the larger social change
community in Boston.

Towards that end, I'm really pleased to share that we'll be continuing the
Skillshares every month until a summer break in June. We're very excited to
announce that *we've confirmed a home for our monthly Skillshares at The
NonProfit Center<http://www.nonprofitcenterboston.org/site/c.ddKGIQNuEmG/b.1363385/k.9343/Creating_a_Nonprofit_Center.htm>,
"Boston's home for progressive social change," *located in downtown
Boston. Third
Sector New England<http://www.tsne.org/site/c.ghLUK3PCLoF/b.1354265/k.AEE0/Who_We_Are__Our_Mission_of_Capacity_Building_for_Nonprofits.htm>,
an incredible resource, developed The NonProfit Center in Boston. We'll soon
be announcing a regular monthly schedule for Skillshares to make it easier
to plan ahead.

JANUARY EVENTS

*Skillshare: Art of the Schmooze - Thursday, January 20 from 6PM-8:30PM*
The NonProfit Center, downtown Boston
This highly interactive, fast-paced skillshare hosted by Robbie Samuels will
help you make the most out of Connecting for Justice the following
week.Forming and cultivating relationships is at the heart of any
successful
fundraising campaign, volunteer drive, committee effort or community
building activity. This workshop will give you the confidence to pursue your
personal goals. Learn how to get in and out of conversations smoothly, how
to create a welcoming space by considering yourself a host and the
difference between croissants vs. bagels.
*RSVP:* http://www.sojust.org/calendar/15792339/ and *spread the word:*
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176827112338467

*Connecting for Justice - Thursday, January 27 from 6PM-9PM
*Lir Irish Pub, on Boylston St. across from Hynes Convention Center
Did you resolve to “do more good” in the world? Join Socializing for Justice
and make your New Year’s resolution count this year! Meet like-minded
progressives and get connected to great social justice organizations in
Boston. These are always our biggest events so don't miss it!
*RSVP:* http://www.sojust.org/calendar/15722820/ and *spread the word:*
http://www.fb.me/event.php?eid=180796458603130

*Date To Be Confirmed Shortly...*
*February Skillshare:* *Overcoming Procrastination, Perfectionism, Blocks
and Fears *
Presented by Hillary Rettig, author of "The Lifelong Activist: How to Change
the World Without Losing Your Way."

For Justice,
Robbie

Robbie Samuels
Co-Founder & Co-Organizer Socializing for Justice
@sojust <http://www.twitter.com/sojust> |
@robbiesamuels<http://twitter.com/robbiesamuels>|
www.robbiesamuels.com
 P.S. *Did you notice we were one of the only organizations that didn't send
you an end of year fundraising appeal? That's because Socializing for
Justice isn't a non-profit 501(c)(3). *We're a grassroots volunteer-run
member-supported group that's been growing steadily since August 2006. We
now have almost 1600 members, we've hosted over 85 events and we manage an
online hub of progressive events and resources at www.sojust.org. If you've
benefited from this cross-issue progressive network please contribute the
suggested annual membership fee of $25. You may do this online
<http://www.sojust.org/dues/>or at any of our events. Thank you for helping
us continue to provide a space for like-minded progressives of all stripes.