[act-ma] Have a Heart Save Our Homes

MAHT maht at saveourhomes.org
Mon Feb 14 06:25:05 PST 2011

	Rally to Protect Tenants!

February 14, 2011*
Tell Our Politicians
Have a Heart, Save Our Homes!Protest Cuts to the HUD Budget!Republicans in
Congress have proposed federal budget cuts amounting to $100 billion, to
start March 4, 2011. If these cuts happen across the board to HUD, it could
mean that 25,000 Section 8 Voucher tenants and 20,000 project-based Section
8 tenants would be cut off in Massachusetts alone, along with $52 million in
cuts to Public Housing in the state, $30 million in cuts to block grants to
Massachusetts cities and the decimation of homeless programs. Multifamily,
public housing and voucher tenants and supporters will rally on February
14th at Boston City Council at 11:00 AM and at 12:00 Noon they will deliver
a Valentines Day message to our federal elected officials demanding
protection of low income tenants from spending cuts. Sponsored by the Save
Our Homes Coalition
demand that Congress and Hud:
Fully fund and do not cut Section 8, Public Housing and other HUD Programs